MECODES (Mechatronic Collaboration Design Solution) is a software used to integrate mechanical solutions; CATIA V5 and 3DEXPERIENCE, with electrical PCB design systems; Mentor Xpedition, Mentor PADS, Altium Designer, Cadence Allegro.
Designed specifically for the collaboration of MCAD and ECAD systems, MECODES integrates mechanical, electrical and electronics design disciplines performed with market leading authoring systems. The mechatronic approach is quite different since there are no separate design phases in each of the CAD tools. By introducing a new methodology for multi-domain collaboration for designing electro-mechanical products, there are no many common rework iterations. The essence of this approach is to facilitate collaboration between ECAD and MCAD domains in a way that the users in one domain have access to all relevant information in other domain.
MECODES addresses electromechanical design issues in all phases of the product development cycle to ensure that both domains are synchronized to enable consistent, iterative communication between design disciplines. In addition, it keeps design teams harmonized, processes integrated and avoids rework late in the design flow. The ECAD/MCAD collaboration capabilities in MECODES enable ECAD and MCAD teams to optimize design placement and electrical requirements within tight form factor constraints, while still meeting quality, reliability, and performance requirements.
With MECODES you can:
- Improve design quality, faster development processes and reduce unnecessary iterations through an active exchange of information throughout the whole planning and design process at any point in the chain of the development process
- Optimize and shortened development cycles by integrating electromechanical design processes, design teams, design disciplines, and workflows
- Increase product and process innovation through communication between the design teams, re-use of product models and knowledge sharing
- Advance product analysis of cross-discipline results by 3D product representations and related data for simulation and further processing in the PLM system with its own product data management systems and financial systems
- Decrease time-to-market by resolving hurdles through communication within the entire product development process
- Accelerate return-on-investment by a faster introduction of new products into the marketplace
Development challenges that MECODES solves
Besides of shrinking form factors, the properties of products are changing more rapidly than ever before to satisfy the increasing expectations of customers. Today customers want products with sophisticated features. They want invariably more choice, new types of materials and high-quality finishes, the realization of customized business intelligence, cloud applications, IoT- and Industry 4.0 solutions. Electronics need to be embedded in the mechanical design. As an assembly of electronics and mechanics, products are expected to be reliable, compliant, sustainable and produced with manufacturing processes more environment-friendly. And, as it is often the case, they are expected to be delivered at a lower cost, with better performance, and developed a much shorter timescale than ever before.
These requirements reinforce the need for more robust integration between Electronic-CAD (ECAD) and Mechanical-CAD (MCAD) beyond the basic need for ECAD-MCAD data alignment, technology, and engineering collaboration.
MECODES supports the corresponding development environment and connects design domain-specific CAD systems and their designer teams. Without MECODES developers were frequently siloed in mechanical, electrical/electronic and software engineering teams in former times. It may be requested to collaborate between multiple locations, amongst companies, and in the supply chains. The resulting development process contains an immensely complex design workflow.
This creates hurdles in the development process, requires data integration across the design disciplines, the exchange of incremental design changes, component collision- and rule-violation checking, for less rework, higher quality and shorter development times. Any disconnect means loss of time and opportunity and increased cost.
MECODES makes the difference
MECODES is the solution for the concurrent and synchronized product development across design disciplines, their teams, and related locations.